4 hours, choppers and 38 kills: How India avenged the Uri attack.
The Video which has been telecasted recently by History Channel
Nearly 10 days after the Uri attack that claimed 18 jawans, India carried out surgical strikes in Pakistan Occupied Kashmir, inflicting heavy casualties on terrorists and ‘those protecting them” and indicating a change of stand on the rules of engagement on the disputed line of control.Indian DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh announced that Pakistan had been informed about the strikes and that India has no intention of continuing the operations but is ready for any reaction from the Pak side.The response, first of its kind across the Pakistani border during peace time, was based on specific intelligence, claim reports.
Press Conference by Lt Gen Ranbir Singh ( DGMO,Indian Army)
Here’s what happened in 4 hours, according to reports:
1. Operation begins around 12.30 am on Wednesday. According to reports, paratroopers from Special Forces were involved.
2. The commandos were airdropped at the LoC, from where they crossed over to the Pakistani side.
3. According to sources, Indian commandos entered three kilometres across the Line of Control to conduct the ‘surgical strikes’
4. The strikes were carried out in Bhimber, Hotspring, Kel & Lipa sectors, on Pak’s side of LoC, according to reports.
5. The location was 500 meters-2 Km across LoC, sources said
6. 7 terror launch pads were destroyed during the surgical strike
7. 38 terrorists and 2 Pakistani soldiers were killed in Indian Army surgical strikes, no Indian casualties. Those killed included terrorists, their guides and handlers
8. Helicopters were used. Mission, according to reports, ended at 4.30 am
Why did India go for this
The option of surgical strikes was taken in the wake of increase in infiltration bids , the DGMO informed. Terrorists had begun gathering in large numbers along the LoC with the objective of crossing the border and targeting locations in Jammu and Kashmir, as well as other metros. In such a scenario surgical strikes was considered the best option to deal with the threat.
Surgical strikes does not mean war
Surgical strikes are military operations undertaken by forces across the world to move on the offensive, hit enemy targets and installations, and return to primary positions, all with lightening speed and with the added precaution of suffering limited casualty.
Surgical strikes require not just detailed and exhaustive planning but need to be carried out with absolute precision to achieve the objective of taking down targets with either no or minimal collateral damage.
– 29 Sep, 2016
India on Thursday said that it had conducted surgical strikes on terror launchpads across the Line of Control (LoC). The strikes come 11 days after the Uri attacks in which 18 Indian soldiers.
– Director General Military Operations (DGMO) Lt-Gen Ranveer Singh confirmed that the strikes were carried out on Wednesday night and caused.
– Gen Singh said that India has shared the details of the surgical strikes with the Pakistan army in the wake of “very specific information” that terrorists were positioning themselves in the launchpads along the LoC.
– Pakistan Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif, retaliated immediately. “We are ready for the safety and defence of our country, we condemn this attack,” Sharif told Pakistani media.
– Meanwhile, Dalal Street reacted to the surgical strikes with the Sensex tanking over 500 points